SAP HR Infotype Headers
Infotype headers are the group of fields at the top of every infotype that are usually used to display such general information as personnel number, organisational assignment, a start and end date of the record being viewed, as well as data on when and by whom the record was last changed.
It is possible to customize each individual header for almost every infotype, by inserting custom fields, removing standard fields, specifying vertical and horizontal positions of the fields, and even adding a passport photo. These changes are all done within the following section of the IMG: Personnel Management Personnel Administration Customizing User Interfaces.
These changes are all done within the following section of the IMG:
- Personnel Management
- Personnel Administration
- Customizing User Interfaces.
The first step is to assign a Screen Header Identifier, a total of 100 (00 to 99) different ID’s are permissible. This allows the grouping together of all infotypes which are to have the same infotype header information and layout. For example:
- Actions-related infotypes (0000, 0302 and 4000) are all assigned screen header ID 10
- Personal Data infotypes (0002, 0077, etc) are assigned screen header ID 01
- Time-related infotypes (0050, 0416, 2001, 2002, 2010, etc) are assigned screen header ID 04
In addition it is necessary to indicate which data is to be used to populate the fields in the infotype headers. This is done via the choose data checkbox, and either displays:
- the first relevant data from the start date of the record being displayed or maintained; or
- the data which is currently valid at the system date when the record is being displayed or maintained.
The difference is best explained by using the Personal Data infotype 0002 as an example:
The master data record for IT0002 always has a start date of the employee’s date of birth. If the Choose Data box is ticked against IT0002, then when a master data record of this infotype is displayed (or maintained) if the employee’s Personnel Area (from IT0001) is to be displayed, then this field would show the first Personnel Area assignment from the employee’s start date. Clearly this may not be the most recent or most relevant data to display. If the Choose Databox is un-ticked, therefore, then the personnel area assignment that is valid at the current system date is displayed.
For a different infotype, say the Recurring Payment/Deduction infotype 0014, since each record may have a different start date, and payments/payrolls are linked to an employee’s organisational assignment, it makes sense to have the Choose Data box ticked to quickly reference the data valid for that payment/deduction.
These are assigned for both HR Master Data ‘A’ transaction class, and Applicant Data ‘B’. A total of 100 different values are permissible (00 to 99). For some basic infotypes, such as Personal Data IT0002, this link is overwritten by the system, which assigns standard values, 00 for initial screen transactions (such as PA20, PA30), 01 for IT0002 etc.
This is the section in which the actual fields to be shown in the header are defined
From the previous screen shot, we can see that the header for IT0014 is made up of the above definition since IT0014 has been allocated header modifier 02. The definition is used to determine on which line and from which column the fields, field names, field labels etc should be placed. It also indicates from which other infotype this data should be referenced to display in the header.
In the above definition, for instance, the Personnel Number data that is displayed, is made up of two separate bits of data.
- The Middle Field Text data (DD2) is displayed on line 1 beginning at column 01. This information is taken from the Action infotype 0000.
- The Field Contents (DAT) is displayed on line 1 beginning at column 14. This information is also taken from the Actions infotype 0000.
By contrast, the Employee SubGroup data that is displayed, is made up of three separate bits of data.
- The Middle Field Text data (DD2) is taken from IT0001 and displayed on line 2 beginning at column 01. This ensures that it lines up with the Personnel Number Middle Field Text above it.
- The Field Contents (DAT) is taken from IT0001 and displayed on line 2 beginning at column 14, again making it line up with the Personnel Number Field Contents.
- The Field Content Text (DTX) is taken from IT0001 and displayed in line 2 beginning at column 17. This makes it then line up with the Employee Group Field Content Text above it.
The Length setting enables the manual setting of a specific length for any field, provided that there is sufficient space on the line. If no value is entered, the field length is taken from the system definition for that field.